Sunday, July 19, 2009

Poor Adam!

We had quite an eventful week. It started last Saturday - a week ago - with Adam playing with some rocks on the patio and he ended up banging his pinky with a rock. It wasn't pretty, but seemed to me like a typically little boy injury. I didn't think about it at all, until Thursday.

Thursday morning Adam woke up and told me "My mouth hurts mommy." He felt a little warm, but I chalked it up to the slightly infected cut on his pinky and the sore mouth, well he probably slept with his mouth open. We got ready, dropped Adam off at Daycare and I headed off to work. I made it about a 1/2 mile before "mom instinct" kicked in and I pulled a U-ie and picked Adam up and headed to Urgent Care.

Turns out, Adam has strep throat (poor kid) and, since we were there, I had the doc take a peek at the finger....BROKEN! Who woulda thought! So Adam's on 10 days of antibiotics for the strep and to help avoid a bone infection in his finger - and he gets to wear a Bobafett (aka: Splint) on his finger for a week too to help it heal.

1 comment:

Sherri S. said...

Ahh poor Adam... I always HATE when the kids get sick it is the most horrible thing ever!!!

I hope he gets better real soon, poor thing! Strep throat really hurts bad... get him LOTS of Popsicle!!!