Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Game of Love: (or: a sappy first post)

Back in the year 2004, when the Twins played the Yankees - it wasn't only the Twins who won - Mike and I won too. Neither one of us expected to meet our perfect match at a baseball game (although, I would be willing to bet that Mike secretly wished he would!) It was at that game that Mike and I first met - although we wouldn't become a couple for a few weeks, the sparks were there. On June 1, nearing 4 years later, the Twin's played the Yankees again (Twins won!) so Mike and I headed out to the ballpark to enjoy what we jokingly refer to as "Our Game of Love"








Every season, Mike helps me choose an attractive member of the Twin's team to watch. I don't espeically love the game - This year my "Twins boyfriend" is Nick Blackburn, a pitcher. Apparently the fates didn't like that he was pitching at "Our Game of Love" because halfway through the game Nick took a ball to the face and had to be lead off the field!



We hope to make this a tradition - attend a Twins vs. Yankees every year, to celebrate that wonderful day we first laid eyes on each other!

No comments: