Monday, April 6, 2009

Great Weekend at the Krueger House!

We had a great weekend! Let's start at the beginning. On Friday, I picked Adam up at daycare, like usual, and in the care he explained to me how much he loves getting a jelly bean when he pees on the potty at school. A "ding" went off in my head as I pulled into Walgreen's - explaining to Adam that I will get him jelly beans for at home - if he goes on the potty.

I'm. A. Genius.

Starting Friday night, Adam peed on the potty. He pulled his pants down, climbed up onto his stool and did it. No questions asked.

A fluke? A desire for a couple of jelly beans? At this point, I wasn't sure.

Then Saturday - same thing - he would run into the bathroom and do his thing into the potty.

It started becoming a reality, my son is going to be potty trained!!!!

The true test was Sunday, he spent the day at Grandma Wendy's house - and went to an egg hunt (more on that later!) which meant an unfamiliar potty and time running around.

When I went to pick him up, I got the good news - not only did Adam have no problem using Grandma's potty but he also announced he had to pee in the middle of Walmart, was rushed to the bathroom and did it just fine!!!!

This is huge - I'm thrilled that he is finally getting the whole potty thing down, but even more thrilled that I won't be spending nearly as much on diapers! (Perhaps we can invest the money we'll save in Mike's other love.)

No comments: