Thursday, April 2, 2009

Grrargh!

If it's not one thing it's another, right? Like last week, my car started making this horrible siren-like noise when I was in reverse - I finally got a chance to take it in yesterday for repairs. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but still.

Then there's the sick. Between Adam's ever running nose, allergies for both Mike and Manda and tons of doctors appointments for my chronic sinutis...

But what's getting to me the most these days is work. It's challenging to be more experienced then your boss. I have to cut her some slack, she's new to our organization and doesn't know what's going on most of the time - but it's getting to an overwhelming point. She is so indecisive. She refuses to make any decision outside of our weekly team meetings - which doesn't really work.

Right now, I am frantically trying to finish all of our materials, get quotes and get them to print. BUT I can't. She won't proof anything and takes every single suggestion she gets from other people (locally and nationally) as a rule/requirement which means I am constantly re-doing my work.

There's nothing I can do about it either, I just have to suck it up and do what she wants as frustrating as she can be. I just don't think she understands that my job revolves around her approving. I can't move forward with any projects until she approves. Oh! And she has to have the last word/say in everything. Something can be perfect and she'll make me make a change for no reason. Like the shade of the pink font I used.

I know this makes no sense, and I'm just grumbling. But at least you'll know why I'm a giant crank the next time I see you!

1 comment:

Steph Ulrich said...

Oh no! I hope she figures it out before you lose it! Good luck, just "harness your Chi" as my 6 year old niece would say!