Friday, April 13, 2012

Gearing Up for Summer

We're half way through April already and that means there are only about 6 weeks until Summer Vacation begins. I am a little stressed out about summer break with two kids to entertain, so I've been making some plans in my head to help keep us busy. It's tricky finding activities that will be fun for a 6 year old and safe and easy to bring a 1 year old too as well.

Days get long when you feel trapped with two kids, and heading out alone with both of them is not my idea of a good time! But, I want to make summer fun, and keep us from getting bored or cabin fever!

Some of the things on my list include:

Daily reading time (hopefully, while Alex is resting) I want to encourage Adam to do more reading on his own, and am hoping to find a series for 6 year old boys that he might enjoy. I also want to do more reading myself (and hopefully, with my new kindle, I'll be able to). I'm thinking 30 minutes a day would be a great goal

* Picnic Lunches

* Water Play Including trips to the Splash Pad and Nicollet Commons water play zone! Maybe even a special day at the water park for big brother!

* Experiments & Projects: (Thanks to Pinterest, I have some fun ideas of things to do inside, which will be great for rainy days)

* Summer Trips: Adam will go to Wisconsin and spend some time with Great Granny and Gramps, hopefully a trip to Madison to spend time with Uncle Jeff, plans are in the works for a family trip up north around the 4th of July, maybe a camping trip for Daddy and Adam and of course over-nights with Grandma Wendy and Grandma Carol too!

* Farmer's Market: I'm thinking I'll take the kids down town one day for a trip to the Farmer's Market. There is so much to see there, and I think Adam especially would like it.

I'm sure I'll come up with other ideas, and I always keep my eyes open for fun, free events for us to go to!

No comments: