Monday, May 7, 2012

Couponing at Target 5/7/11

**I've been couponing a bit lately, and have been sharing my experiences in hopes that someone can learn from my experiences! Keep in mind, not everyone will have the same coupons and sales and clearance can vary by location**

Today I got a large bottle of shower gel, glade air freshener, gerber puffs, Pantene shampoo and conditioner, 2x charmin fresh mates wipes, baby powder, Pampers travel wipes, 2x travel sun screen and some pantiliners. Here's what I did:

Charmin Freshmates: Regular 2.99, on sale for $1.99/each had 2x $1 off coupons - paid .99/each.

Pampers Wipes (travel size): Regular $1.19 used .75/1 manufacturer coupon and .50/1 target coupon - total: +.06

Banana Boat Sport Sunscreen: Regular .99 used target printable for $1/1: Total +.01

Coppertone Water Babies Sunscreen: Regular .99 used target printable for $1/1: Total +.01

Glade Air Freshener: Regular .99 used target coupon for $1/1: Total: FREE

Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner: Regular 3.79 each, Used BOGOFree Manufacturer coupon, $2/1 Target coupon and $1/1 manufacturer coupon Total: $.79 for both

Gerber Puffs: Regular: $2.49, On sale $1.69 Paid $1.69 (but the canister has a try me free sticker to submit for a rebate, which makes them FREE)

Carefree Pantiliners: Regular .99 Used .50/1 manufacturer coupon Total: .49

Johnson&Johnson Baby Powder: Regular $3.99, Price Cut to $2.44 Used $1/1 Baby Powder and .50/1 any J&J Target coupon Total: .94

Olay Body Wash (with free bar of soap): Regular 5.99 (plus cost of soap) Clearance: $3.98 used $2/1 Olay product Target coupon and $1/1 Olay Body was manufacturer coupon: Total: .98

Total Pre Tax, Sale and Discounts: $31.18
Total After Coupons (no tax): $6.79
Total After Tax: 7.99
Plus, I'll be getting a rebate of $1.69 which makes my grand total (including tax) for all of this: $6.30


2 comments:

klgreenwald said...

I think I am going to have to have you help me plan shopping a few shopping trips till i get a better understanding.

MandaK said...

Kristen - I only coupon for free/near free items. I do use coupons at the grocery store as well, but only on the shopping we need. I'm not great about buying food stuff, but learning that is next on my list. I know a good deal on health, beauty, baby and household stuff - but figuring out the best food deals is still a challenge for me. I use a few resources online Pocket Your Dollars and The Krazy Koupon Lady. Both post weekly shopping lists, as well as 'how to shop for free this week' lists and throughout the week point you to the best online printable coupons. I spend about 2 hours each week getting a list together and another hour or so at the store getting the items, verifying the deals and using my calculator to make sure my math is adding up right. It just takes practice. Start small. That's the best advice I have. I'm working on a how to coupon at target post....with some of the tricks I've learned. So far, Target is the only store I've attempted couponing at. I'm going to start using CVS soon, when they open by my house. Walgreens has good deals, but their policy is tricky to follow, so I dont want to deal with that!